Wednesday, June 20, 2012


This was a cemetery by our first hotel.  It seriously looked like something out of a Edger Alan Poe Novel.

Outside of Shakespeare's home.

Me doing my best Hamlet pose.

Ashley and Amy in front of a Bridge in Stratford.

Me with a cute gargoyle.

Me kissing that gargoyle.

This picture was taken in York..  Apparently people used to be a lot shorter so the doors were shorter.  This one was just a bit higher then my head. 

Another very short door.  I guess I was born in the wrong generation for short people.

The Cathedral in York.  It was pouring rain so it was hard to get a good picture with out ruining the camera. we ended up hiding under a tunnel then braving the rain to get back to our bus.   

On our second day(first day with our tour group) we visited two cities in England: Stratford the home of William Shakespeare and York.  In York the rain hit very hard so, I didn't get that many good pictures.  Our tour guide was very good about telling us the local history of these two cities.  In York there was a woman who lived(I can't remember her name), but she hid Catholic refuges(If I remember right that's what they were), when she was caught they executed her by crushing her to death.  They put a board on her and then one by one they added rocks to crush her.  In the 1970's they Sainted her for all she had done for the refuges.  I thought I would just throw in some of the history I learned, but apparently I didn't do so well remembering names.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Aub! This looks like such a fun trip and you look so cute in all of your pictures. I'm glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete